Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Way Things Are

A poem about love...

_____________________________________________


What is it that brings

Us together in such a way as this?


It is a desire for happiness.

It is the need to pursue

A new path.


It is those things,

But it is so much more…..


It is experiences yet unhad.

It is freedoms that

Have never existed before.


It is a feeling of ecstacy,

Of desire, of dreams.


It's a oneness whose heart beats strong

A oneness with no boundaries,

That can expand infinitely,

Yet can be tended to, and nurtured

As if it is all right here,

In front of our eyes.


We can touch it, smell it, taste it.

And we know it feels right.



I am here,

And yet, I am invisible.


I am nothing,

Yet I am all things that have

Ever been before.


And I am also everything

That is yet to come.



I am here, and so are you.


I am yours,

You are mine,

We are ours.


We are now,

And we always will be.


Even if rain falls

And makes us feel as though

We are drowning in vast

Pools of water.


The world is but for us

Both to discover together.


It is a world where

"Somewhere warm and breezy"

Will always be

Just an embrace away….


3 comments:

A Plain Observer said...

Beatiful. There is so much in here that if I comment all that this is evoking it would be a whole post!

I see this applied to many forms of relationships. One with oneself, discovering what we are, have been, will be, all of us. Or a relationship of two people and even friendship offering each other a part of what we are.
"Even if rain falls And makes us feel as though We are drowning in vast Pools of water." Relationships can make us feel this way, it is up to us to see beyond the water and appreciate its beauty

TeeJay said...

Yes, I know. We could have long discussions about these thoughts and the different forms of relationships that they pertain to.
But in my case, I am trying to express what I feel love is, in its truest form, as it pertains to one's primary relationship. To me, it makes sense.........

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully written sentiment.

Fresh and whole.

I'm saving the rest of your blog writings for later. So glad to have discovered you.

Ananji